Monday, June 22, 2009
Weekend Recap
Okay let me recap our weekend for you. I'll apologize now that i left my camera at my moms so i wont be able to post picture till tomorrow but i will. So Friday we went out to eat. Way more people showed up than we thought would and that was great family,friends,co-workers and neighbors. It was really nice. So needless to say we were a bit cramped but oh well i didn't mind hopefully no one else did either. We went out after word for some dancing and such of course i did karaoke. I know I'm a nerd! Ben i think had a bit to much fun but I'm glad he had such a good time. Saturday we had to go to my nephew's 4th birthday at the Robinson pool. Everyone had a good time and i got some great shots of the twins(Ben and Brad)(Brad's my brother in law if you don't know them)diving off the high dive. After that we went home i was thinking for a quit afternoon to just be together as a family but before i knew Ben was leaving to go see a movie. He took our two oldest kids with him and i stayed behind and i wont lie i was hurt that Saturday wasn't set aside for just our family. I mean it was the last day we would be together in along time but maybe I'm just being selfish. 4 hours later they came home and at that point he had to pack(he puts everything off til the last possible moment)of course while he was at the movies i did manage to get the things i knew he would need together and folded them very nicely on the table for him. So that was one less thing to do. Then the phone rang off the hook, his brother came by, of course i told you the neighbors stopped by. I don't mean for this to sound like a complaint but I was terribly hurt that we didn't get to be just us one last day. I don't intend for it to sound rude at all. I mean i understand everyone wanted there "last moment" with him just like me. But i don't feel like i got one at all. By the end of the night i was so sad about all this all i could do was cry. I didn't have my last intimate night with my husband before he left because all i could do was cry. I know people who's husbands deployed and the day before he told everyone "I will not be taking phone call or seeing anyone on my final day here" It was simple reserved for his Wife and Children i just really wish ours could have been that way. But oh well whats done is done i just needed to type it out loud(if that makes since)and now I'm over it. Sunday was THE day of course as I've told you already after that i went and got a Starbucks with my sisters-in-law and mother-in-law and then off to the what seemed to be a very empty house. My friend called and we went swimming and after that i had her come with me to my parents house for dinner. We had a nice time talked about high school, jr. high and such. We were so funny back then. I'm so very thankful for my friends they've seen me through a lot. Bless Everyone and thanks for visiting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Definitely praying for you guys... my husband just graduated AIT this past Wednesday! He is in the Army Reserves. Thank you for sharing your lives with all of us, thank your husband for me for serving our country and thank you for being there for him and standing behind him through all of this!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you and your family!
-Kristen
Praying for you sweet pea! Thinking of you!!!! Lots of love-hugs and prayers
ReplyDelete