Sunday, June 21, 2009
The Milam House Pop. 4???
Well the day is about over but I'm dreading the night. Ben left today i handled it fairly well but when i got home i slept and slept i could have slept the whole day away but my good friend Alisha came to the rescue and took me and my oldest kiddos swimming. It was a good distraction for not only myself but for my babies. I knew it was going to be hard, I knew i was going to miss him but you can't prepare your self for this kind of hurt. Last night some good friends of Ben's came over and prayed for us. We stood there in our front yard holding hands and i could have just burst into tears as we prayed for safety, strength and for our marriage and children. This morning i hated waking my kids up saying, "Come on kiddos wake up its time to take Daddy to the airport." Ben loaded them all up and away we went i cried most the way trying to suck it up and asking about things he may had forgotten. I sat there looking down at the hand intertwined in mine and couldn't help thinking, who will scratch your back at night before you go to bed? Who will cut your hair? Who will be there to help you find things right in front of your face? I hate being without my other half. But i am so very proud of him. And we will stay strong and bring him honor just like he is for us. I love you Ben! Happy Fathers Day!!! Sorry for no update on how his party went i didn't feel like writing about happy stuff I'll try and recap for you tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





This post brings tears to my eyes! You are so strong! I am praying for you sweetie...I was out of town but thought about ya'll so much yesterday. Just keep telling yourself, this will only make ya'll stronger! Here for you always!
ReplyDeleteLove-HUGS and LOTS of prayers-
Tiff
Hey sweetie. Its hard, I know, but you are going to be just fine. God will be your strength, your kids and your hubby's strength. Stay strong and cry when you need to, its amazing how much strength we find in those moments.Prayers and hugs always,
ReplyDeleteRebecca :)
hey,hun.i know what your going trough. i know its very super hard at first but it does get better. your husband needs you to be strong for him so keep your head up and just pray very night so that he keeps him safe and gives you strength to endure it all. if you evr need to talk to some one i'm here and i'm going trough my first deployment too. Prayers for you and your family. keep your head up.
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by from Tiffany's blog. I will be keeping you in my prayers!
ReplyDelete