Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some people only dream of angels...

I wanted to post something today for my dear friend Annabelle. Today she is having a memorial service for her son, Kaleb Dean Loper, born still on May 31st.She was 24 weeks along with her Angel when the Lord called him home to Him. I'm unable to attend since my daughter and husband are sick today. So i wanted to dedicate a post to her and her family and ask for your prayers. Having gone through this myself my heart aches. I believe there is no pain worse then laying your child to rest. I remember a story that the Elder in my church, Buddy, told at my sons funeral. I'll try to tell it here but I'll tell you now it wont be a beautiful as when Buddy told it.

A mother and father are at the hospital having there second child. A healthy baby girl was born. The father stepped out to go and get their son from the waiting room where he eagerly awaited the arrival of his new baby sister. The father took his young sons hand and they started off down the hall. The boy was pulling and tugging on his dads hand, "Hurry daddy, hurry!" The father asked his son, "Boy, whats the rush?" They neared the door and as the little boy pushed the door open he turned and looked at his dad and said,"I have to hurry and ask my sister about Heaven before she forgets."

I loved that story. We forget all about the wonderful and beautiful place we came from in those first few moments of life outside our mothers womb. But unlike the baby girl in this story Kaleb never had to forget about Heaven he got to go straight back Home. Although it hurts beyond words for Kalebs parents he is safe and happy in our Fathers arms. He served what purpose he was meant to and although it doesn't seem fair and you didn't want him to go he had to. It was not his choice to leave, it was Gods will. For those who have lost a child due to stillbirth, SIDS or late miscarriage and got meet the baby you created. Keep these word close...Some People Only Dream of Angels, You Held One In Your Arms.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! I will most def. be praying for her. I never knew you lost a child before until I started to read your blog. I am so deeply sorry, how you view this is amazing...you are very strong and an inspiration to many. Sending Hugs and prayers your way and to your friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment.